Vident iLink400 I/M Readiness option allows to view a snapshot of the operations for the emission system on OBDII/EOBD vehicles.
I/M Readiness is a useful function used to check if all monitors are OK or N/A. The vehicle’s computer performs tests on the emission system during normal driving conditions. After a specific amount of drive time (each monitor has specific driving conditions and time required), the computer’s monitors decide if the vehicles emission system is working correctly.
When the monitor’s status is:
OK - vehicle was driven enough to complete the monitor.
INC (Incomplete) - vehicle was not driven enough to complete the monitor.
N/A (Not Applicable) - vehicle does not support that monitor.
There are two types of I/M Readiness tests:
Since DTCs Cleared - shows status of the monitors since the DTCs were last cleared.This Drive Cycle - shows status of monitors since the start of the current drive cycle.
There are two ways to retrieve I/M Readiness Status data:
One-click VIDENT iLink 400 I/M readiness key
Typical way: select I/M Readiness from Diagnostic Menu
To retrieve I/M Readiness Status data by one-click I/M readiness key:
1. Press the One-Click I/M Readiness Key on the keypad and the following screen displays.
When the LED is :
$ Green - Indicates that engine systems are “OK” and working properly (the number of Monitors equipped with the vehicle which have run and performed their self-diagnostic testing is in the allowed range. MIL is off. ).No stored and pending DTCs exist. The vehicle is ready for an Emissions Test.
$ Yellow - The tool finds a possible problem. It indicates the following two conditions:
(1) Pending DTCs exist. Please check the I/M Readiness test result screen and use the
Read Codes function to view detailed codes information.
(2) Some of the vehicle’s emission monitors have not working properly. If the I/M
Readiness screen shows no DTC (including pending DTC), but the Yellow LED is
still illuminated, it indicate a “Monitor Has Not Run” status.
$Red- Indicates some problems exist with one or more of the vehicle’s system, and the vehicle is not ready for an Emissions Test. As well there are DTCs found. The MIL lamp on the vehicle’s instrument panel will light steady. The problem that is causing the illumination of Red LED should be fixed before an Emissions Test or driving the vehicle further.
The built-in beeper works with the colored LED simultaneous, as an assistance to reflect the I/M Readiness test results:
Green - two long beeps.
Yellow - short, long, short beeps.
Red - four short beeps.
To retrieve I/M Readiness Status data :
1. Scroll with UP/DOWN key to highlight I/M Readiness from Diagnostic Menu and press the OK key. If vehicle supports both types of monitors, a screen for monitor type selection displays.
Select a monitor type and press the OK key.
2. If the vehicle is tested supports both types of monitors, following screen displays.
3. Depending on readiness test, one of these 2 screens will be present. Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through data. Press the ESC key to exit.
Source from VIDENT,How to Use Vident iLink400 to Read I/M Readiness Status Data?